A regular informal learning group session is held at the club on Wednesday Afternoons from 1-3pm with a focus on improving our play while having fun. Everyone is welcome!
- You don’t need to have a partner. If you do, that’s fine, but there’ll be spare people present.
- No need to register or commit to every Wednesday; just come along whenever you like.
The aims of the group are:
- To give players the opportunity to play in a social, non-competitive, friendly, and helpful environment
- To help players to learn by asking questions and freely discussing hands
- To encourage non-playing members back to the club, and
- To allow players to get to know other members better.
‘Informal’ means that players will be encouraged to ask questions and discuss bidding, hand evaluation, playing techniques, strategy, etc., before, during, and after the hands are played. More experienced players are available to provide help and advice (but only if asked!).
A short weekly teaching topic may be discussed if desired.
The group operates with minimal support required from the club:
- Scoring is done manually, encouraging players to learn the scoring and help develop a more strategic understanding of the game.
- No Masterpoints are awarded.
- All hands are dealt manually.
- Players are invited to BYO refreshments, so no kitchen duties required.
To cover clubroom costs such as heating and lighting, a $2 donation is requested. Attendance is recorded and payment can be made using MST cards if desired.